20 August 2009

Any Other Writers Ever Experience This

So I was daydreaming while shuffling through the seemingly endless piles of invoices on my desk and had this flash of creativity strike like a lightning bolt out of a cloudless sky.

I continued to tug on this thread to see where it could take me and over a period of a couple of hours had an idea for an awesome action sequence. Whether or not I have the chops to translate what I see in my head into words remains to be seen but there is a much more pressing issue.

Simply put I have no story to place this scene in. Absolutely nothing I'm currently working on is the kind of story wherein this scene would make sense. Even the more pure fantasy story I've been plugging away on for months doesn't have room for this scene, unless I make some serious changes in tone and theme.

I'm seriously considering just writing the scene down (maybe in bare bones format) and filing it away to reference at a later date.

Back to the "real" work......

No comments: