22 September 2009

Been A Bit Since I've Posted

Man has this month blown by, I mean I was aware that I'd not posted anything in a long, long while but this is a touch absurd.


This month has been busy for all the wrong reasons and as such I've not written anything new in about 3 weeks. Most of my "leisure time" has been swallowed by this OCD like impulse I've had to digest as much information about not only current events but our history as a nation from our founding forward.


It's all a part of the research I'm doing for my Dystopian novel but my time has been monopolized by TV pundits (from all sides of the political spectrum), books and websites.


I still haven't had time to fix my laptop but I did finally get the internet up and running on my desktop. I'll still have to recover my files off the laptop at some point but at least now I can install Word on my PC and start working from the comfort of my desk instead of trying to find some place comfortable to work with the laptop.


For those curious, I did have an excellent first shoot back as an amatuer glamour/pin-up photographer.


Here are a few of the more "work safe" images:











London, obviously the model in question, was hands down the easiest subject to shoot I've ever worked with and my two hours shooting with her served as the single greatest learning experience in my short time as an aspiring photographer.


For those keeping track I'm presently working on (and in some cases the phrase "working on" unfortunately means "haven't finished yet but haven't worked on in months either"):


-a private investigator novel.
-a post-apocalyptic novella
-a dystopic/Orwellian Spec. Fiction novel
-a horror/thriller novel
-an epic fantasy novel


I'm also working on a multitude of short stories but unfortunately I struggle with the shorter medium. Brevity is the biggest factor but in some cases, like one I started early last month, I find myself lacking the "chops" to write sentimental and/or emotional stories, no matter how the subject tugs at my heartstrings personally.


Well it is pushing midnight, I'm going to try to get some work done in the next 30 minutes and then I'm calling it a night.

2 comments:

Emily White said...

Glad to see you're still alive! That second picture of yours is absolutely beautiful. I love the reflection in the water.

Good luck with your writing! I don't think I'd be able to take on that many novels at once. Keep us updated on how they're coming along!

~Emily

Shad said...

Actually, I'm not so good at juggling so many novels at one time either.

That's why in some cases I've not added to them in almost a year (my fantasy novel) or in three months (my P.I. story).

I just am unable to resist getting an idea started if it comes to me (mostly out of fear of losing it) so I'll break away from something I've been toiling away on to start something new if the inspiration is strong enough.