24 July 2009

Contest Submission Update

In case there are any of you out there wondering how I fared in the short story contest I entered at the start of the month:

I was not one of the finalists.

How do I feel about losing?

Well I'm obviously not thrilled about it but I'm not beating myself up either (at least I haven't been since the day the finalists were posted).

Of course I'm biased and think that my story was better than at least one of the five finalists (and just as good as three of them) but I'm not a judge. I still voted for my favorite of the three best as it would be just poor sportsmanship if I refused to give the better writer his/her due just because I didn't make the cut.

As for the story I'm going to take it back to the drawing board and make some additions to it. I feel without the less than 800 word limit placed on it for the contest I can spin up an enjoyable yarn that tells a more complete version (more in line with my original vision) in about twice the word count.

Anyhoo its time to stop wasting words on this blog and throw some more at one of my stories.

Good night and good luck.

No comments: